Look closely at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam for its atheist message. It turns out that the figures of God, His angels and even the soon-to-be-created Eve under His arm form a nearly perfect cross-section of the human brain. While some might dismiss this as a coincidence, experts suggest that it would be harder to explain that this was not Michelangelo’s intention. Even complex components within the brain, such as the cerebellum, optic chiasm and pituitary gland can all be found in the picture. As for that sassy green sash running down the pons/spinal column/dude-holding-God-up, it follows the path of the vertebral artery perfectly.
Low-Calorie Breakfast Recipes
Waffles With Blueberry Maple Syrup
Makes: 1 servings
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
2 teaspoons maple syrup
2 whole-grain waffles
1 tablespoon pecans
1. Microwave blueberries and syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes, until berries are thawed.
2. Toast waffles and top with warm blueberry syrup. Sprinkle with pecans.
Amount Per Serving
cal.(kcal)305 | Fat, total(g)14 | sat. fat(g)3 | carb.(g)41 | fiber(g)4 | pro.(g)8Spinach & Bacon Omelet
Makes: 1 servings
2 egg whites
2 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
1 cup baby spinach
1 slice whole-grain toast
1 teaspoon butter
DIRECTIONS1. Whisk together eggs, bacon and spinach.
2. Coat a skillet with cooking spray; cook egg mixture and serve with toast and butter.
Amount Per Servingcal.(kcal)308 | Fat, total(g)16 | sat. fat(g)5 | carb.(g)16 | fiber(g)2 | pro.(g)24INGREDIENTSPumpkin & Granola Parfait
Makes: 1 servingsDIRECTIONS1 6 ounce container plain low-fat yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
1 whole-grain crunchy granola bar, crumbled
1/2 cup canned pumpkinAmount Per Serving1. Mix together yogurt, honey and pumpkin-pie spice.
2. In a bowl, layer yogurt mixture, granola-bar crumbs and pumpkin.cal.(kcal)304 | Fat, total(g)5 | sat. fat(g)2 | carb.(g)55 | fiber(g)5 | pro.(g)13INGREDIENTSBagel & Cream Cheese With Tomato
Makes: 1 servingsDIRECTIONS1 3 ounce small whole-grain bagel
2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
2 large slices tomato
salt and pepper to tasteAmount Per Serving1. Toast bagel halves and spread with cream cheese.
2. Top each side with a slice of tomato and season with salt and pepper.cal.(kcal)302 | Fat, total(g)7 | sat. fat(g)4 | carb.(g)52 | fiber(g)8 | pro.(g)13INGREDIENTSPeanut Butter & Banana Pancakes
Makes: 1 servingsDIRECTIONS1/2 small banana, chopped
2 teaspoons peanut butter
1/3 cup prepared whole-grain pancake batter
1 teaspoon honeyAmount Per Serving1. Add banana and peanut butter to batter.
2. Cook pancakes and serve with honey drizzled on top.cal.(kcal)306 | Fat, total(g)14 | sat. fat(g)3 | carb.(g)41 | fiber(g)5 | pro.(g)9Source fitnessmagazine